Steroids are synthetic versions of the hormones that were created to help people’s overall health. Concretely, anabolic steroids are man-made forms of the chemicals needed for the development of sexual and physical traits in both men and women. Often called ¨roids¨ or ¨juice¨ among the sports and bodybuilding fields, used wisely as a supplement they can boost physical performance and physique improvement
The steroid family is made of several man-made compounds that can improve overall people’s overall health and wellbeing.
Created to aid people suffering from pain and inflammation, to treat asthma, and skin conditions, and ultimately, to promote their physical and sexual development; steroid count with several medical and off-label purposes.
Since the steroids family is very wide, some other purposes include beauty, health, and sports, thanks to their well-known benefits to our physique and overall health.
Here, we will give you the basics on Steroids that you were looking for:
What is steroids?
As mentioned before, the wide range that makes up the steroids family was born to help treat several health conditions suffered by people.
Corticosteroids, for example, are a type of steroids that are in charge of treating inflammation in your body.
Similar to the hormones produced by your adrenal glands, corticosteroids can aid people to manage several health-related conditions such as:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Skin conditions like eczema or rashes
On the other hand, there are other steroid-like compounds used as beauty enhancers like dermal fillers, Melanotan man-made versions of chemicals produced by our bodies to treat skin conditions, and more.
Lastly, we have anabolic steroids.
Also known as “steroids,” “androgens,” “anabolic steroids,” “gear“, “roids” or, “juice“, they are a type of synthetic hormones born in the 1930s to encourage growth and development in men suffering from delayed puberty or in muscle loss conditions to gain lean muscle mass fast and effectively.
These types of steroids are lab-made versions of the male hormone testosterone, which can be found in both men and women to promote overall development, and they are the ones responsible for sexual traits such as facial hair, muscle enlargement, deeper voice, and even reproductive purposes.
Anabolic steroids can be used in a wide range of medical cases, such as:
- In boys with delayed puberty to help them fully develop
- For men with low testosterone concentrations to become fertile, regain their sex drive, and their physique as well as balance their mood
- For people with health conditions such as cancer, AIDS, prolonged recovery periods from surgery or injuries that present muscle loss aid them in muscle development
- Assist patients to gain the weight loss due to medical conditions
- Treat certain types of anemia
Anabolic-androgenic steroids can help with all these conditions thanks to their advantages, which are the following:
- They stimulate muscle growth
- Encourage tissue and muscle growth and repair
- Speed up the recovery time from injury
- They protect muscle and bones from possible damage
- They can boost fat burn due to muscle growth stimulation
- These hormones can improve a person’s self-esteem, overall mood, sex drive, and sense of competitiveness
AASs, which stands for anabolic-androgenic steroids offer – as learned before – several physical and mental boosting abilities, which is why many people use them on a daily basis.
Steroids – also known for slang as pumpers, Arnolds, stackers, or gym candy – are often used by men from these categories:
- Professional athletes
- Professional or enthusiast bodybuilders
- Non-athlete weightlifters in their 20s or 30s
- People who work in industries in which strength is very important like construction workers, police, security workers, and defense force staff.
- Young adults that are concerned about their looks and are looking to become more muscular
- People that work in the fashion or entertainment fields in which physique is very important
AASs can be consumed in several ways: oral, injected, through gels and creams applied, or via supplement shakes.
Here are some ways to use AASs to boost physical looks and performance:
This method is known for using a certain amount of pumpers in a certain period of time, stopping them, and then starting all over again.
Some cycles can go from four to twelve weeks ¨on period¨, and then a 4-week to several months-long breaks.
The term is used when an individual consumes or combines several types of stackers, due to their potential benefits.
They also might include some other supplements to maximize their effectiveness.
This is a technique that involves increasing the amount of the anabolic steroid slowly but steadily, for then decreasing it at the same rate when the cycle is about to end.
It usually takes six to twelve weeks to gradually increase and decrease the AASs amount, giving your body the time to get used to the doses instead of drastically withdrawing them.
This is a mix of systems to avoid your body to develop tolerance to certain steroids.
It may involve substituting, overlapping, or staggering certain gym candy to keep their muscle growth and strength advantages active.
Anabolic-androgenic steroids are widely used since they can speed up muscle growth, and overall strength very quickly.
Besides, they speed up recovery time, thus keeping you motivated to train longer and more often.
Both men and women can use ¨roids¨, since testosterone – the natural hormone which causes these physical and mental changes – is present in their bodies; although in fewer amounts in women than in men.
Release in Germany for the first time in 1935, ¨pumpers¨ were given as medication treatment for depression. Nowadays, here are some other uses for steroids:
- Ergo/thermogenic are supplements that act as fat burners, and help athletes to gain their dry muscle mass appearance wanted before a competition
- Creatine is used along with steroids to boost exercise capacity, especially before important performances
- Insulin, insulin-like growth hormone (IGF), and human growth hormone (HGH) are used to stimulate natural testosterone production, helping individuals to gain more muscle while protecting their natural hormone levels
So, are you interested in taking your body to the next level?
Here at Gomeisa Labs have what you are looking for!
Top-quality products, safe and effective to use, available anytime and everywhere across the United States thanks to our 3-day delivery policy.
What’s more important: no prescriptions are needed! and free shipping after hitting the $50 threshold. Click here to find out more.
Are steroids illegal in US?
Steroids often fall under the category of appearance and performance-enhancing drugs (APEDs) within the United States territory, and they are illegal if their use is not related to any medical-related purposes.
Steroid use is then controlled by the 1991 Controlled Substances Act (CSA), which determines the cases in which they can be used.
This way, anabolic-androgenic steroids (AASs) can only be obtained with a prescription, and for the medical purposes accepted, such as:
- Treatment of delayed puberty
- Muscle loss due to a disease
- Low levels of testosterone due to a medical condition
- Cancer treatment
But, as the same NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse) states, AASs have shown their effectiveness in the treatment of, thus being useful for:
- Improve sense of wellbeing
- Increase bone strength
- As a treatment for improving sexual performance
- To offer a solution for mood swings related to hormone imbalance
None of these purposes are approved.
Nonetheless, some physicians tend to prescript steroids with these off-label benefits, to help people to regain their overall wellbeing.
Are steroids addictive?
AASs are not a drug that can make you physically dependent on them; however, some steroid users can develop a steroid use disorder since they rely on their physical image and overall performance to them.
As a result, some people can become very anxious if they decrease their steroid intake, miss their physical training, or break their diets.
Some potential side effects of sudden withdrawal can be:
- Muscle loss
- Mood swings
- Food cravings